Saturday, December 16, 2006

nonsensical ramblings on geckos and life in general

currently, without twisting my head too much in either direction, I can see 8 geckos stalking insects on our walls. the other day at the travel agency I saw over ten. we have at least one in our home, and I can usually see several on the sides of buildings during our "commute". Ms Cook just saw one poop. I know this because she just exclaimed in the middle of the dining room " I just saw a gecko poop!". I know this seems an inappropriate thing to say in the middle of a restaurant, but we are the only ones here. there are even baby geckos, they're cute.

outside our restaurant there was a parade of sorts earlier today. it was for a joint korean/cambodian exposition. there were drums and dancers and people in costumes with giant heads, the streets were not closed off for this though. so the paraders had to avoid traffic.

we have been told that this is an exceptionally slow year for tourists. we are trying not to take it personally, but I know its because they find me intimidating. you see I have grown to a height of three meters and now weigh over 200 kilograms and most frightening of all have started to use the metric system. I have been known to breath fire in excess of 100degrees celsius.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the tallest man in china just died
so you aretaking over, sure dont take it personal we all have to eathumble pie before we get to the baked alaska , hang in there i have seen your menu and as long as my daughter doesnt tell the customers tht the special flavour is the gekko poop you wil do allright

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have any of the little critters tried to make you switch car insurance companies? Do they really speak with a Liverpoolian accent? I wouldn't be too concerned about the metric thing. I knew a guy once who started doing that for a few months, and he recovered fully.

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we're you drunk when you wrote this? Miss all you guys.

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, if only we could write off Tony's nonsensical ramblings on mere drunkeness!

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home