Friday, October 27, 2006

Actually pronounced Poo ket

After a much needed shower and some restorative rest without imminent arachnid threats we boarded a very posh van with Tu and some of her friends bound for the beaches and resort mecca that is Phuket Island. The van was equipped with A/C, thank god, and a DVD system where we watched Rambo first blood. We arrived in Phuket and met up with another of Tu's friends at the mall and hung out for a while then the eight of us jumbed in her truck with al our luggage and went to the hotel. I gallantly volunteered for the back as I have ridden in the back of pickups my whole life and could feel nostalgic for a youth of unsafe travel options. It rained.

It was time for the Vegetarian Festival in southern Thailand where people get so consumed and meditative over there love of vegetables that they can pierce their faces with a variety of things like spikes and daggers and tree branches. Huh thats interesting.

We traveled around the island and I thought of the many interesting limericks that Phuket lends itself to.
I met a young lass from Phuket
She said back to my place, "you bet"
I'll let the readers finish. We saw Patong beach and had Starbuck's, Karon beach where surfing is sometimes possible and Kata beach where they have minigolf. Our party was now ten people strong and I stayed true to my roots and stayed in the truck bed and proceed to get a little too much sun. Very beautiful beaches lots of resorts all in all a vacationer's paradise. I'll take golden Buddha any day of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home